četrtek, maj 24, 2007

Shanghai...

Shanghai…

This post is written in English because of a theme I am talking about.
Last week my boss told me that company where I am working is searching a man to go to Shanghai for at least 2 years. He said that he proposed me because I am a perpective employee.
They offered me a really good job where I would contact China local companies and try to get a deal that they would work for us. They would produce low cost components for Gorenje's house machines which we are producing over here at Slovenia.
I would work in a small team. In this team there are already 5 persons (boss, 2 Slovenian girls that translate our language to Chinese language, 1 Filippine guy who is responsible for colecting, getting and sending test samples to Slovenia and one Chinese girl whos job is translation from English to Chinese language). My job would be very dinamic, I would travel a lot across China to visit those companies that are good enough and that are prepared to work for us.
They also offered me quite big amount of money if I would go over there and they also promised they would give me better job than I have now when I would get back from China, that is after 2 years of living and working there.
But…
There is always but…I have worries about my knowledge of English. It is true that I don't speak much English because I dont have much possibilities to do that…but in the other hand I can write good english and I also understand english if I am speaking with somene who speaks only English. That is why I am not so self-confident in my speaking English like I am in my technical skills. So, I guess I would improve my talking English if I would be pushed to situation where other languages are not understood.
And because of that reason I dont know what decision I will make.
Tomorrow I have final interview and to test myself I will ask my interviewers if we can talk in English to test me if my English skills are good enough. It they will say YES, YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH I will accept their opinion and I will go. But if my English wont be good enough they will say themselfs that I cant go over there to China.

So, please, have your fingers crossed and wish me luck tomorrow.
If I will do okey, I will be the happiest person on the world.

Have a great time.
Picture of Shanghai from the Web

5 komentarjev:

OLKI pravi ...

My dear bloger friend. Your English is great, from my point of view.

I'll wait for your Slovene posts on your blog for two years.


HAhah..Stari TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, temu jaz pravim LAJF TAJM OPORTJUNITI BRE!

Unknown pravi ...

No matter what you think about your language skills - you should accept the offer! You don't get this kind of invitations every day! Language will improve itself in matter of weeks; by the end of the month you'll be fluent! And except that interpreter, no one will speak the english you are speaking (and I don't even know you)!

Life time opportunity it is bre! God damn I hope you'll get the job!!! :D

andrejV pravi ...

Thanks for your inspiring answers which gave me more courage and confidence in my English skills. And I also think that i steped one step hihger on my self-confidence scale because of yours opinions:)

Nina pravi ...

Ojej, ne imeti takih pomislekov. Upam, da si dobil službo in ne dvomit v tvojo angleščino, ko greš med Kitajce.
Lahko ti samo zaželim veliko potrpljenja in dobre volje med Kitajci, najbrž ti ne bo glih zelo lahko. Pa kljub vsemu, samo idiiii!
ps: sorry cos I didn't write in english, simple, I just miss slovene language after 7 months.

Anonimni pravi ...

hej drejko, ma saj znas anglesko. Pises na zeeelo spodobnem nivoju, govoris pa najbrz tudi...ne bit tako samokriticen:)Po parih mesecih Kitajske bos se sanjal v anglescini (ali celo kitajscini :)))
go for it!! nina s.