nedelja, december 07, 2008

It's been a month since my arrival to China

Hey.
Sorry for not writing more often. It was very busy month, lot of new stuff to discover at work, new communication skills to learn, business diners, meetings and so on...My days are quite full. I hope you can forgive me...
I know some are quite passionately waiting for this post, so I guess that I made you happy with this one.
Unfortunatly I didn't take my photocamera to every place I visited, so there is limited number of pictures. Shanghai is huge city, with wide roads, huge buildings and lots of people on streets. But after week or so, I haven't even noticed Chinese people on the streets anymore...city gives you a feeling like you are at any city in Europe. Except that you have lots of problems with comunicating on street. Nobody speaks English. So, if you want to buy something, you have to use all your skills in waving with your arms...on the other hand, sellers on fake market are very good English speakers. I was amazed how good they are...and now I finally know how to bargain...at the begining I had problems with start price, but now I already know what is the worth of good I want to buy. It is quite funny and I'm starting to enjoy doing this.
Clothes there are very cheap...I got my fake Mammut for only 17€...and material is real Scholer...unbelievable. You can also buy all well known brand of watches...from Rolex, to Porsche and Carrera...for almost nothing.
Traveling by road is bad during rush hours and when it is raining. Awful...in that case I rather stay at home or walk to the place I want to go (if it is not to far away). There is also subway, but it is better to use this one only for fast movement to another, far away location.

This is basicly all..I hope you got a feeling how it is to live out here. Just four pictures are here to be seen. Sorry. I hope I will do better in next days.
By the way, I'm coming home on Dec, 17th. Hope we can see eachother.

Shanghai when dark falls - picture made from our office

Chinese kid...

Workers are all over Shnaghai...

Shanghai is construction site...they are building lots of new buildings and skyscrapers...

Ni komentarjev: